weclome vistior

welcome to the home of Oronegro, a land that not so long ago was a peaceful and prosperous place but by the mid 2020's it was engulfed in a violent civil war! The whole world watched doing their bit in the conflict. the story is one of a small country stuck in superpower politics

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

UPDATE: Changes inbound!

Hi all so this post is slightly different than some of my previous ones. I have been thinking quite a bit about Oronegro and this project I have been working on for many years now. In short looking back there are some things I would like to change, others I want to keep. Some elements of the story line, particularly the 21st Civil War are going to be changed fundamentally if not scrapped entirely.
No models today so here's a cat.
I am looking at changing the story up. New (and some ever present but inactive) factions are going to make an appearance. The map of the land, indeed the world, is going to change. I will start posting different types of stories. All that and much more. Oronegro has been and always will be a land of mystery, danger and adventure. 
That's one happy face. Ignore the mess in the background. That's not my room so not my responsibility haha
Don't worry I am not going to fundamentally change what Oronegro is. Rather I want to change the story to better fit those characteristics that make Oronegro what it is. Some of the other things I want to change relate to creating a more believable history. I will keep some elements of utopianism to early Oronegro, I will also keep the fantasy elements. Rather I am looking at how I can take those elements but have them exist in a world where the human interactions, motivations and attitudes are just as reasonable as if this were an attempt at historical fiction. In addition I am going to use images differently. Many of those I linked were later removed so posts ended up full of broken images. I am looking at avoiding this occurring in future.
The perfect cat trap has been devised! This one is my room so critiquing the state of it is allowed.
As you could imagine given that a substantial rewrite is in progress I am interested in your suggestions and ideas. Although Oronegro is very much my own project I never wanted it to be mine alone, where I the sole master and creator ruled over it all. Rather I had always hoped others would have their own piece of the world and took up threads of story and ran with them. I look forward to hearing from you all. (Except the spam comments which I finally dealt with, tougher measures in place to stop them now)
Oh and as I haven't done this in a while I give thanks to my new followers Aidan, Baconfat, Maj. Guiscard and Sam Wise. I know some of you have been following for quite some time but better late than never as they say. ;-D

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you return, Gowan! Once the geopolitics have been cleared up and laid out, perhaps a nice, friendly Declaration of War from the Pan-Andean Peoples' Republic might be indicated... perhaps preceded by a little gentle cross-border hazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for the most part the geopolitics will be similar to those I had roughly set out before but with more importance on neighbours. Oronegro in the 18th century will still be an expanding imperialist power, akin to the USA but who's power was firmly established much earlier. There would be a decline in the mid 19th century and by the mid 20th century Oronegro's days of power were long since confined to memory. Although like Britain some colonial/imperial possessions would be retained (even large territories) into the 21st century. The struggle for independence, autonomy within these territories and the attempts by those powers who used to own them to reclaim them would be an important part of the story. Plus would add to the list of potential scenarios.

      I think I would also keep the elements of Oronegrean mercenary adventurism. Which would allow Oronegreans to turn up in unusual places.

      Delete