weclome vistior

welcome to the home of Oronegro, a land that not so long ago was a peaceful and prosperous place but by the mid 2020's it was engulfed in a violent civil war! The whole world watched doing their bit in the conflict. the story is one of a small country stuck in superpower politics

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Oronegrean national anthem

The national anthem of Oronegro as written in 1648 that was used up to the present day despite the granting of Independence in the 19th century to the land of Oronegro. May all who read these words find a suitable tune to go with them as so far our national records have lost in their information vault the official instrumental piece that accompanies the written text.


the following is the National anthem of Oronegro. I apologise if the image is a little fuzzy and if the spanish is not perfect but its the best I could do in one day... I could have taken longer however when I do these things... like all my stories they are on the whole spontaneous and not totally well made.

the spanish is not perfect not the image
sorry I accidentally posted this before... I was trying to hit save but hit publish... I also apologize for all these extra lines I have written that detract from the sense of realism that I like to maintain with my stories and other posts on this blog

2 comments:

  1. Yep: that's an anthem all right... I don't know about you, Gowan, but personally I find National Anthems full of platitudinous patriotism and sloppy sentimentality. I accept, though, that many would not only disagree but take umbrage at my saying so. Still, you have caught the style admirably, whether you mean it seriously or not. It is a style that parodies itself.

    I think I might try writing some of my own. In English, though... I do admire your Spanish, however imperfectly you think you have rendered it. Besides, the local language might well have taken forms distinct from the Mother Tongue, such that what you have written is flawless Oronegrin.

    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I just thought I may as well make it sound overly patriotic and short and to the point. lets face it no body likes an anthem that lasts for ages. I guess that is why New Zealand only ever playes 1 of her 2 anthems at special events as you kiwi's are fully entitalled to play god save the queen/king.

      so next time the all-blacks face england just remember the english are just singing your other national anthem... and a shortened version at that.

      Delete